There’s always something cooking in my kitchen! And, I hardly make the same thing twice, unless it’s super easy to make and quick. Or of course if it’s delicious. Or if someone requests it. You see, I get bored with the same thing all the time. Whether that’s food or workouts:)
So, the other night I realized that it was dinner time, but I hadn’t even thought about what I would make before that moment. Usually I at least have an idea of what to fix. So, I went to see what was in the fridge. I found one of the huge chicken breasts that I had set out to make chicken soup for my sick hubby the night before but didn’t end up using. There were some veggies that required chopping and I didn’t want to take the time to do that. So I found a bag of frozen chopped broccoli in the fridge. That’s all the inspiration I needed! I know, I know chicken and broccoli sounds boring. But I kicked in some flavor with sun dried tomatoes. AND it only took me 20 minutes to whip up! You can’t beat a bowl full of flavor that only takes 20 minutes!
Here’s what you need for this super quick and yummy meal for 3: (You can always throw in extra chicken and broccoli for a bigger crowd)
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1-2 boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch squares
- 1 Tbsp chopped garlic
- 1 bag of frozen broccoli
- 1/2 cup chopped sun dried tomatoes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a saucepan add 1 cup of water and your bag of broccoli. Let the water come to a boil, cover, reduce heat to a simmer and let your broccoli cook for a few minutes. You don’t want it to be mushy so don’t let it go too long.
- While your broccoli is cooking, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the oil and the chicken. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. After a few minutes, flip your chicken over, season it again, and let it cook until no longer pink.
- Drain the broccoli
- Add the garlic to the chicken and stir, then add the broccoli and the sun dried tomatoes and mix it up.
- Let everything heat through for a few minutes.
- Serve it up with some fruit or over some cauliflower rice.
I hope that you enjoy this quick meal as much as we did!