Hello, just wanted to apologize for getting behind on this already…My excuse is I have been celebrating my son’s 3rd birthday this weekend. So, now that that is over, there shouldn’t be any interruptions:)
Here’s day 2 and 3!
On the 3rd day of Christmas, my trainer gave to me:
3 plank push ups, 2 squat jumps, and a 1 minute plank!
Here’s a video of how to do a plank push up:
The plank push up is an exercise targeting muscles throughout the entire body, but focuses on the core and upper body.
1. Begin in a push up position (either from knees or toes).
2. Lower yourself down, one arm at a time, into a low plank position. Resting on elbows, hold plank position for 2-3 seconds.
3. Push back up into the pushup position, one arm at a time. Hold push up position for 2-3 seconds.
On the 2nd day of Christmas, my trainer gave to me:
2 squat jumps and a 1 minute plank!
Here is a video of a squat jump:
The squat jump works the muscles of the legs and core, but the plyometric element to this exercise also works the cardiovascular system and develops power as well as strength. (you may need to complete more than 2 to get the cardiovascular benefits!)
**Note: Modify this exercise if you have any hip, knee, or back problems by performing an air squat instead with perfect form.
1. Begin in a squat position.
2. Jump as high as you can.
3. Land softly back in a squat position.